The rules for this year. After a fun twist last year that included former shows & characters as well, we are going back to the original format.
Only current day shows & characters.
To be eligible, a show or character must have aired/been in AT LEAST 1 episode since last May Madness started on May 10, 2013.
As with past years, all previous May Madness winners & finalists, any Best Of TV Awards winners that are still currently on the air are automatically selected for the tournament.
Here is the list of automatic contenders
- Lost Girl
- Once Upon A Time
- Orphan Black
- The Big Bang Theory
- The Walking Dead
- Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
- Kevin Tran (Supernatural)
- Charlie Bradbury (Supernatural)
- Benny (Supernatural)
- Crowley (Supernatural)
- Malcolm Merlyn (Arrow)
- Kurt Hummel (Glee)
- Kate Beckett (Castle)
- Richard Castle (Castle)
- Dr. Lauren Lewis (Lost Girl)
- Penny (The Big Bang Theory)
- Amy Farrah Fowler (The Big Bang Theory)
- Sheldon Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)
- Peter Pan (Once Upon A Time)
- Emma Swan (Once Upon A Time)
- Daryl Dixon (The Walking Dead)
- Arya Stark (Game Of Thrones)
- Barney Stinson (How I Met Your Mother)
Nominations are simple.
Nominate who you want (that are eligible) and if there is more nominations in the end than there are spots available (64 in each tournament) there will be a series of vote offs to pick the May Madness contenders.
Last year had approximately 250 characters & 200 shows vie for the left over spots. Of course, with the rules tightening back up to just current shows & characters, those numbers should in theory come down substantially this year.
Once someone has been nominated ONCE, they DO NOT need to be nominated again. So try to avoid nominating people already nominated by others.
EDIT - April 6, 2014
Nominations ARE NOW CLOSED!
Complete list of nominees will be released soon, approximately mid-April