They are BACK - Twilight super couple Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart return to Vancouver with Ashley Greene and Michael Sheel for Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 re-shoots
Seems like forever ago. It has been so long since my last Twilight cast themed blog I actually had to look it up. June 26th, 2011. Seems longer than that. To be honest, when they were here last time there was such a lack of interest... I really was certain the fad was dead & buried. Seems however, the fad isnt completely buried yet. The 150 new twitter followers I gained in 24 hrs upon relaying the info that they were back here in Vancouver to do Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn II re-shoots can attest to that.
The cast of the most successful movie franchise in Vancouver's history returned for another short re-shoot this week.
It appears there are 4 main cast members rolling around the Lower Mainland for this re-shoot.
Robert Pattinson is back to be Edward Cullen for 4 more days. His arrival was marked by about 10 or so people waiting for him. He speedwalked thru the calm & casual crowd of professional paps, autograph hounds & a couple casual fans to his waiting SUV while his over enthusiastic bodyguard Dean cleared a path for him. The Rob that most of us came to know back during New Moon who was casual, laid back & generally willing to stop and interact if you were that close to him is long gone of course, and now a zipping jaunt past the crowd is all you can expect when he is on Summits watch. If you manage to find him out and about, results usually are better, but as long as Summit is pulling his chain, he puts on this miserable fan-unfriendly demeanour.
About an hour later, his girlfriend rolled thru with Michael Sheen. Kristen Stewart returns to be Bella, and nothing has changed with her. The generally miserable and anti-social anti-hero did her typical scurry thru the dozen or so people waiting. Like Rob, her attitude actually has become worse since the days of New Moon. Her demeanour went from "terrible" to "not bad" during New Moon, but then she left for a few months to do a Joan Jet movie, and returned as the most miserable person on the planet, and shes never goShe too got into an SUV and was soon off to her lovenest to meet up with the man who she hooked up with in the very hotel their romance seemingly started in.
Michael Sheen (who I did see breifly, but did not have a chance to get any pics) arrived with KStew to resurrect his role of Aro. He DID stop & signed for those who opted to go over & wait for him in the terminal while Kristen snuck out a side door.
Later in the night (actually early Monday) Ashley Greene would return to be Alice Cullen 1 last time. Ms. Greene was turning into a bit of a anti-social grump when she was here for the original Breaking Dawn shoot. Like Robert, she started off her time in Vancouver, pleasant and approachable, but soured during her long breaks in L.A. However, seems a few months away from the limelight has eased her ego some, as she was pleasant, willing to sign autographs again & all smiles on her return.
Obviously, not being a fan of the movies, I am eagerly anticipating the day this franchise is done here. We have NEVER had a movie (let alone a group of them) here that has been so miserable, anti-fan, anti-interactive and all around hostile.
Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn II re-shoots are scheduled from pril 30th to May 3rd. So any sightings of the stars are likely to be few, if any. Below is a few pics from Rob, Kristen & Ashley on their return.
As with all my sets, if you re-post my photos, do so with proper credits & DO NOT remove the tags, or they will be removed from your site & the site may penalize you however their rules state for such infractions, which may include legal or civil penalties.
If you want photos untagged for your site, images are for sale untagged, just inquire... as are autographs of the stars at the link tagged "Twilight autographs" on the left.
A short little video I never posted before because there was so much controvery over "what happened" that night at the time. I have a couple others, but this was the only one where a plethora of expletives in the background isnt overheard...soooo... this is the one I picked to post.
Hardly epic stuff... just Rob & Kristenw aiting for an elevator... but, just thought I should post a little warm up stuff for the impending return of the tween/20s demographics super-couple.
With Breaking Dawn returning here imminently, the hype around these two in Vancouver will heat up again, but, of course, it will never be anywhere near the level that it was at during Eclipse.
Twilight Saga series has made a lot of stars out of no ones. Perhaps none more than Robert Pattinson.
I have had a few chances to shoot pics of him, along with get autographs.
Most often...its when hes at a bar. Almost always, its with multiple castmates at his side...as shown in this set with Kristen Stewart & a almost un-noticed Nikki Reed lurking around his every move.
if you are 1 of the 817 viewers of my candid photos section of this site...maybe these arent new to you...but they certainly are....bigger.
While my wrist isnt 100% quite yet, its much better.....sooo, some blogging can finally be done.
With the 3rd installment in the Twilight Saga, Eclipse now in the theatres....time to toss out a few more pics of the cast while they were here filming New Moon & Eclipse.
First up...the females. I have far less photos of them than the guys, they were just seen less often by me.
So, heres so previously un-posted pics (in my blog...if you actually have checked out my candid photos section..maybe you've seen some of them) of Ashley Greene, Dakota Fanning, Kristen Stewart & Nikki Reed... with special cameos by Ian Somerhalder, Taylor Lautner & Robert Pattinson.
Like the lead slasher in all the successful horror movie empires, just when you thought they were gone for good....they come back unexpectedly.
The "big 3" of Twilight fame, Taylor Lautner, Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson have re-shoots to do in Vancouver this week for the June 30th release date movie, Twilight Saga Eclipse.
Tonight was the official return of the castmates who refuse to leave our city it seems. I thought I may never see them again as there were rumours the 4th film in this saga was rumoured to be heading to Portland, then I heard its coming here & thought "well, I guess the crazy picks up again later this fall"...but nooooo, they had to come back NOW.
So, today I went out to YVR to await the arrival of Taylor Lautner & Kristen Stewart who were scheduled to arrive from LAX in the alte afternoon/early evening.
As predicted a throng of fans, paps & other hounds were out there, Pretty much all the regulars were out in force.
With both cast members having pulled magic tricks getting in & out of the terminal in the past, the posse was actually actively keeping all potential spots they could vacate relatively covered. With no less than 3 possible escape routes on 3 different levels of an airport wing that is probably 2+ football fields long. The task of covering off all potential routes was actually a bit of a challenge.
The vehicles cleverly parked away from the arrivals area on an upper level and waited till they were needed. Eventually John, the "manager" (or as some angrily tweeted to me"assistant") of Kristen came out with a couple others & loaded up the SUVs. Then left....with out Taylor or Kristen. Everyone instantly went into WTF mode & scrambled to come up with ideas on where they are, where the vehicles might be going & again, the crowd had dispersed around the terminal.
About 20 minutes later, and after 2 or 3 moments of "where did they go", the 2 SUVS rolled back in, to the arrivals door. Within seconds Taylor & Kristen came out, with handlers holding umbrellas to try & cover them from photos. I was unfortunately covering off the furthest possible spot from where this happened. I got there JUST in time to see the group of fans & paps starting to disperse as the 2 stars were clearly inside their vehicles.
I went & grabbed a ride with 1 of the photogs & we made the trip into the downtown core. Unsure if the cast wound change hotels or not, we did a well played follow that eventually lead us to their current hideaway.
As we watched Kristens vehicle go into the secured parking area, the group of 6 or 8 hounds & paps & 2 fans that kept up, saw Taylor roll by moments later.
It was then a waiting game for Rob. Within an hour we saw John & another security type guy go for a walk. It was probably 2 more hours of nothingness, when we saw a bodyguard that we remembered from the last Eclipse shoot who followed Rob around like he thought he was supposed to be part of him. That was all we needed to see to know they had managed to get RPatts by us somehow, or before we got there.
We fruitlessly waited it out for about another hour or so before we gave in & decided this evening was not going to produce much more results & packed it in.
So, not much to report from the 1st day of Eclipse re-shoots.
These are the most commonly used search keywords to get to my site thru google.
Of course the data is only relevant from Oct 15-Dec 31. I didnt have the program in place prior to October 15th. Because of that, terms like Twilight, Pattinson, Stewart, New Moon etc are likely a lot lower than they would have been if this tracked all searches since day 1. I suspect if they were covered from the beginning, RPattinson would probably have topped 10,000 searches.
That said, I was still impressed with the hockey related search numbers for the Olympics. These search terms ran thru the release of New Moon, so the Twilight phenomenon had SOME pull, but still Olympic searches dominated the numbers.
With 2010 now here & the Olympics a few weeks away, it will be interesting to see how dominant they are at the end of 2010 in my search terms.
1st 1094 HOCKEY
2nd 852 OLYMPICS
3rd 833 2010
4th 592 CANADAGRAPHS
5th 309 ROBERT PATTINSON
6th 267 TEAM CANADA
7th 251 TEAM SWITZERLAND
8th 250 AUTOGRAPHS/SIGNED
9th 199 KRISTEN STEWART
10th 185 TWILIGHT
11th 118 TEAM CZECH REPUBLIC
12th 91 TEAM LATVIA
13th 88 ARGUMENT/ELEVATOR
14th 82 HOCKEY AUTOGRAPHS
15th 70 TWILIGHT AUTOGRAPHS
16th 51 NEW MOON
17th 46 TEAM FINLAND
18th 31 TAYLOR LAUTNER
19th 24 ANNA TORV
20th 19 JOSHUA JACKSON
20th 19 NEW MOON AUTOGRAPHS
20th 19 CANUCKS AUTOGRAPHS.
Things I found interesting were that Taylor Lautner, although one of my best selling autographs, was quite frankly, not a very often searched term in comparison to his co-stars Rob & Kristen, and only moderately more than Kellan Lutz at 17. That put him 2 short of the logjam that became 20th place.
I had to do a lot of partial word searches thru my list to find possible misspelled ones, and even though I did. Maybe I missed some. But these are within 99% accuracy, correct numbers. I was more amazed with the amount of mis-spellings some words had. Argument was spelled ELEVEN different ways. My personal favorite being "argewmint". With that many failed spellings of 1 word, you can imagine how its possible I may have missed 1 or 2.
For peoples names like Rob, Kristen, Taylor, Anna & Joshua I searched their first names & last names to come up with the list. In Rob & Kristens cases, I even putt commonly used nicknames like RPatts, RPattz, KStew to find them.
Interestingly Fringe stars Anna Torv & Joshua Jackson made the list. But the show itself did not.
I considered burying my review in the middle of the blog, just to make you all read the whole thing thoroughly to find it....but, here it is..... It didnt suck, but it wasnt awesome either.
I'm giving it a generous 5.5/10.
Now remember, I have NEVER READ THE BOOKS!!! So dont gripe at me with "oh, they forgot this" or "the so & so scene was ruined because this pointless background detail wasnt there". I dont care. I graded it as a movie, and not as a comparison to a piece of literature. It is a movie, I graded it as a movie compared to other movies.
I was pretty worried it was going to be gawdaful after hearing responses from people I knew. Of the 6 people I knew in person who saw it prior to me, only ONE gave it any type of positive review. The rest were trashing it hard. Sites like IMDB & Rottentomatoes were in agreement with this assessment of it as well, so I was truly expecting garbage. Maybe thats why it rated higher than 5, because I went in with such low expecations & it overshot them.
To me the film has several good pieces which are wrapped around a pile of really dull, dragged out scenes. Some of the smaller characters are a bit too dorky for my liking. Just them saying even a couple words made me roll my eyes. The pudgy little school kid that has a crush on Bella might be the most annoying of the bunch. They shoulda scrapped him all together. I personally did not have the same problems with the acting of the big 3 that others have stated. They arent going to win the academy award, but its fine. I mean if Sean William Scott or Hugh Grant can continue to find employment doing the same character over & over again in movies that arent even connected to each other, than whats the problem with these 3 acting the same as they did in the first film? The supporting cast did a decent job IMO with the limited screen time they generally had.
The Volturri looked good image wise, but Michael Sheen & Dakota Fanning were the only two that really made a positive impact on me. If Jamie Campbell Bower had more of a role, maybe he coulda done the same. The rest however... I found most of them too rigid & not smooth enough in delivery. The fight scene was too sped up to enjoy. They needed to slow it down a bit. I realize they are vampires & are really quick, but the audience is only seeing minimal glances of the action & its really frustrating IMO.
It was certainly fascinating to see scenes in places I knew, or had been to. That might have given it an extra .2 or so just for the Vancouver element? But overall, it wasnt terrible. I wont go spend $12.50 to see it again, but I could see me watching it down the road again if someone rented it. Its certainly watchable.
So that is essentially my review of the movie, spoiler free I hope.
Of course Twilight Saga: New Moon is a film that was a big deal to me, as I hounded this film pretty intensely compared to the efforts I usually put in to celeb hounding.
Here is a list of top 10 things I learned/appreciated/enjoyed about the New Moon phenomenon being here.
- Jackson Rathbone. The man who plays Jasper turned out to not just be a wonderful surprise for interacting with, but perhaps the nicest celeb I have ever met. After 1 of the 100 Monkeys perfornaces here he talked in chilly spring weather for like 15 minutes about anything & everything. Awesome guy who even after that first encounter, kept up his good guy images all the way thru Eclipse even.
- Sam Bradley show at Richards On Richards. It was my big payday of the event. It nabbed me my first ever celebrity photo run in a national magazine (sure, it was OK Magazine & I would later blast them for being idiots...but still, it was groundbreaking for me) I also learned to enjoy Sams music leading up to the show & the short amount of time I got to enjoy his performance. It also lead to a cool impromptu sing along by Sam on the street after the show that I thought was all too cool, which later lead to getting a couple Pattinson autographs. So all in all, a very productive night.
- Spencer Bell discovering. One of the things Jackson Rathbone told us about that night was Spencer Bell & asked us to donate to his site (link is in my twilight autographs section). It took me awhile after misplacing it, but I finally found the site & have since then enjoyed quite a bit of Spencers music. Sad that there cant be anymore.
- Meeting Rob after filming in New West. It was the only set hounding I did in New Moon & it nabbed me the nicest Rob autograph I obtained the whole shoot, and to top it off he did in despite his driver trying to deter him from signing for me. At 6 AM, after a long night of work, Rob came over to a fence & signed for the 5 or so fans who waited it out, while his co-stars left with little more than a wave from a distance.
- How it revitalized my celebrity hounding. Because of New Moon, I started hounding celebs a fair bit more over that run, and it still lingers some now. I met a lot more stars in that few months it was here that I had probably met in the past 5 yrs (minus my time at Toronto Film Fest a couple yrs ago) because I just rarely bothered going out.
- Twitter strategizing with others to prevent chaos during the Blue Water Cafe cast dinner. After the shenanigans of Punkd images & Lainey Gossip to try & ruin the casts party at the Blue Water Cafe, several of the regulars who were at the scene took action & banded together despite all having different interests in being there. The one thing we all knew was, if it wasnt stopped now, chaos was going to ensue. Within 10 mins of Laineys tweets, 2-4 people had shown up, but no one else did after that & for that, the credit mainly goes to the few fans & myself who worked on creating a smoke screen to assure no one else would try coming down & making it a mob scene.
- All the new hotspots I never knew about before. I pass places like Chill Winston often & have occasionally passed Glowbal & Blue Water Cafe, but never really though of them as anything special. Since then I have learned just how often they really have housed notable celebs.
- Celebs twitter updates. Before New Moon I barely knew of Twitter. Within a week of it, I had signed up for an account & was using it daily to keep up to date on where people were & more importantly, celebs who tweeted about their every detail. It was vital in giving me good, solid info more times than I probably confessed at the time. Fan updates were 1 thing, but celebs updates were 5Xs better.
-The day Kristen Stewart told my friends & I "I dont care". Outside of the Loose Moose one night we chatted with her for a few mins. One of my friends apologized for being there, which Kristen responded that she didnt infact care, understood we have a job to do. She respectfully asked us not to do 1 or 2 things, so we didnt. But for the mostpart, she was understanding that we had a job to do & was fine with it.
- The fans. Sure, there is a large portion who are batshit nuts. Odds are a few of you will even read this & say "well, he cant be talking to me". When I see a 40 yr old woman nearly in tears because she met Rachelle Lefevre or a girl probably no older than 12 telling Kellan Lutz she wants his body...well, yeah, THEY are nuts. But I also met quite a few cool, laid back people whow ere just fans & who just wanted to soak up a bit of the experience of them being here. Some of the regulars were the most normal people of the bunch. It amazed me every time someone told me they were from Brazil, Texas, Minnesota, Belgium or Japan. I was just like "wow, you spent your vacation time to come here in the HOPES of seeing one of the cast?". Now granted, I have considered the same thing for my favorite TV show...but I also can combine it with work to offset some of the costs, as well I have a fair bit more knowledge & experience in finding them than Joe fan. But I admired their commitment to an entertainment medium & most of the time, I found most of them to be normal.
For all the frustration the New Moon filming here brought me at times, the entertainment, money & memories likely outweight those frustrations greatly.
Thats it on New Moon I guess. Next up is Eclipse.....which as we all know, I have a less fond memory of.
I occasionally argue with inanimate objects, but I usually win. So its all good.